Saturday 8 September 2012

Semper fifteen!

Peter Pig 15mm USMC. These have been sitting in my lead pile for ages, despite being a crucial part of my modern gaming needs. I summoned up the guts to get into them, and am very happy with the results. Want... more...
I'm not in a position to comment on the time period they're appropriate for; I'll be using them as USMC and US Army from 1990-2005ish.

The tufts are from Noch- I use them to mark support weapons that grant extra dice for 'Force on Force'. It is a bit of a struggle to ID the SAWs (let alone the M203s) at gaming distances, and these make it easy.

Keen eyes will note that the leader figures have M203s but no tufts- I'm using them just as assault rifles, they're too busy directing the battle to really add their extra firepower. That's my position, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. You have done really well with them...congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    It looks like you've done the DCU or "3-Color Desert" scheme, which would be proper for 1992-2004ish. I'm not sure what the exact wear-out date was for the USMC, but I know MARPAT started to appear 3-4 years prior (around 2001).

    Great Job! I stick to 20mm for my moderns, as I'm too afraid to try 15's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling those were the dates. Were there significant changes in equipment (visible in 15mm!) or was it just the cam pattern? I've yet to try my hand at ACU...

      Smaller is easier to paint, I've found- I will concede that 20mm is better quality with more available AFVs etc, but since I want to have to options to fight terminators, predators, prawns, etc, 15mm is the way to go!

      Delete
  3. Really nice work for 15mm. Peter Pig minis are fun to paint and game with IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, couldn't agree with you more.

      Delete