Sunday 23 June 2013

Biff in the 'Riff 2013

I went to Biff in the 'Riff yesterday, a 120kgp regen one day Blood Bowl tournament at Tin Soldier Penrith. There were twelve coaches. I took Playing Dead, my Undead team. I didn't do particularly well, but had a lot of fun and caught up with old mates. It was a particularly relaxed tourney, with no time pressure, and as a group we decided to end it after three games rather than four to prevent the day dragging on.

I had two mummies, three ghouls (two with Block), five zombies, two wights, and Hack Enslash with a chainsaw.

In my first game, the stadium didn't come alive as my Undead faced Creature's Undead, Mortuorum Ambulantum. Creature had left his dice at home and had to borrow Sangraal's, which didn't really work out for him! I had a strong first half, stopping his offence and scoring, and he rolled more than his fair share of double skulls in the second. Hack hit himself with the chainsaw twice, then got sent off for fouling. I won 2-0, 2-0 casualties. Disgusted, Creature went home to get his own dice!
Ghouls advance, but can't break the Playing Dead defence!

In the second game I faced D'Arquebus' halfling team, Custard. I just couldn't stop him, or break his measly armour. Hack was on the pitch for only one turn. Also, he'd presciently selected Zara the Slayer (there were at least two Undead and a Khemri team). I suffered a 1-0 loss, and 3-1 against for casualties. Dismally embarrassing.
Zara coolly decides how to pick her way through the Undead

Finally, I played Gnome's Wood Elves, the Pink Panzers. He had two Wardancers, ten line elves with a fair smattering of Block, and a Treeman. I was able to score and foul one of the wardancers off the pitch early, but couldn't do enough damage to prevent a 3-1 loss, 2-2 casualties.
Hack Enslash leave a trail of Wood Elves behind him

All in all, it was a good relaxed meet and a nice warm up for Eucalyptus Bowl in a fortnight.

I didn't get as much enjoyment out of Hack Enslash as I would have liked, and could have got an extra six skills for the cash. Still, the potential for dismembering amusement was there...

More team pics in my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, there have been times where I have rolled so poorly for armor rolls that even the snotlings are safe from harm...

    Looking forward to Euc Bowl next week!

    ReplyDelete