Sunday 22 November 2015

4 years old and seeing red!

4th anniversary for WwB! These Blogday posts are where I allow myself a bit of annual navel-gazing. The big event for the year, on a personal level, has been completing my studies in September. This has allowed me to resume more regular and frequent posts here, long may this continue!
Happy blogday!
Once I finished my exams I was able to indulge in some more painting, which is something I find truly therapeutic. Looking back over the past year, I've realised that there has been a lot of red. This is not the easiest colour. Here's what I've been up to in scarlet:

Battle of Five Armies (Okay, so that was 13 months ago, but still...)
Dwarves

Star Wars: Imperial Assault
Royal Guard
Royal Guard Champion, Carnor Jax

Vader
Blood Bowl
Oook!
Minotaur

Lord Borak the Despoiler

Lewdgrip Whiparm

Other, non-red, highlights:

My Falklands war report was well-received and fun to play out.

My first game of Dead Man's Hand


My first foray into Zomtoberfest! (and Tanktober!)


My most played game of the year has been Imperial Assault. I was really looking forwards to it this time last year, and it hasn't disappointed. I enjoy seeing this game grow.
IA Skirmish- Diala Passil faces down IG-88
I've been able to get in a few more games of Caverna and Eldritch Horror, which has been good. I also got to try out Cthulhu Wars and Rum & Bones.
Cthulhu Wars- Hastur (yellow) defiles the land
Rum & Bones- my undead pirates in a boarding action!
What is on my horizon? I'd like to get in more BattleLore. I'm looking forwards to more Imperial Assault. I'd like to give The Great War the paintjob it deserves. I need to get back in to Blood Bowl.

In late-breaking news, I've entered Curt's famous Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge! This will surely be the impetus I need to finish some projects I've had waiting around for a while. This commences December 20th, so watch this space!

Making this blog is fun, but it is the interactions with you, my readers, that are the most satisfying! As I write I am achingly close to 150 members, so thank you all very much!

21 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Day and here is to many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogbirthday Bark! Some great stuff there buddy. In particular I like the BB Mino and Vader with OSL the best.

    Great to see you in the Painting Challenge too - its going to be another good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul! I know I work well to a deadline, so I anticipate knocking over a few small projects for the Challenge!

      Looking forwards to seeing how you cope with the logistics of yours!

      Delete
  3. ¡Felicidades! Congratulations!!
    Happy Blog Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a fine blog it is, Sir! Many happy returns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 4th Blogday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicitations! Four years of some very nice paint work. This post is also a nice "red-rospective", you've been busy :) I really like the monkey and "Lewdgrip Whiparm" (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Rose spective? There were a few more red things I had planned which I didn't get done, I wonder what my theme will be next year? Thanks, Allison!

      Delete
  7. Happy blog day. By the way, your report on the Falklands game earlier in the year, led to my spending quite a bit of time reading up on the subject, one which I previously knew almost nothing about. I really enjoy the educational aspect of historical wargames. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrew, that's very gratifying! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete