Friday 22 January 2016

Blood Bowl- Halflings!

I am proud to present my Blood Bowl Halfling team, The Wild Flings! These are from Willy Miniatures, and I am taking them to CanCon this weekend!


The colour scheme was inspired by this Cleveland Browns variant logo designed by Daniel Gold:

I used a flesh coloured primer for these figures, which worked really well. I loved painting the faces- there's so much character in their sculpts and poses. (I did flag a bit when painting all their armour and stripes...)














I know that they can only have two treemen, but I also want to take Deeproot Strongbranch, and I happened to have a fourth treeman which I painted because I was on a roll! I didn't want to paint the creepers, fungi, or leaves too bright in order not to detract from the armour and stripes.





I got a Puggy Baconbreath star player as well.

Finally, a Master Chef!


Wish me luck for CanCon!

17 comments:

  1. Spectacular figures and an even better paint job! Good luck in your tourney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st ear-to-ear grin this morning! Thanks...and a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable! What a team and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael, it would be a shame to punch them into the turf, right?

      Delete
  4. I phone Pay per view TV for this team!!! Awesome!!!
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!

    Those are particularly nice football treemen models too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to find ones I liked, and it was worth the wait!

      Delete
  6. You do realize that the Cleveland Browns never win, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know a thing about American Football, but my colour scheme is getting a few raised eyebrows from those who do...

      Delete
  7. Fabulous and what a characterful looking team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious bunch of guys, very original miniatures - splendid artwork on the lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw these on the painting challenge and thought them fantastic. Well done with great character. How did they go? Usually halflings fail unless coached by a legend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came 28th of 36, and had a lot of fun. I really liked playing with them, and would do so again. Check out my tourney report here: http://wargamingwithbarks.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/cancon-2016-halflings-play-blood-bowl.html

      Delete