Saturday 12 March 2016

Fury of Dracula

These are from the 2015 3rd edition of the boardgame Fury of DraculaThis is a hidden movement game where Dracula records his moves secretly and the hunters travel across Europe tracking him down. The sculpts date back to the 2005 2nd edition, and aren't fantastic. They're true 25mm.



Dracula

Lord Godalming

Mina Harker

van Helsing

Dr Seward

I used a bit of blue to highlight the Count, and gave Mina Harker a red scarf to represent her ties to him. I had a poorly-thought-out attempt at OSL for Lord Godalming, but didn't like it so overpainted it- looks a bit better now, as if I had done it intentionally!

17 comments:

  1. Nicely done, and fun stuff, Mr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I have the metal figures from the 1987(?) version that I keep meaning to paint. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen those, that would be really interesting!

      Delete
  3. They're grest looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're grest looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael!

      OSL is Object Source Lighting, or getting lighting effects painted on your figure, eg glows and reflections from fires, lightsabres, etc.

      Delete
  6. I like the Count, the opera caped blood sucker we all know and love... Mega Miniatures once had a great classic vampire figure along these lines, which I think I have somewhere and should paint one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't take too long, so get cracking!

      Delete
  7. Great painting - I love the muted, atmospheric tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PC! The board and game art is suitably gothic so I didn't want anything too garish or cartoony.

      Delete