Saturday 26 March 2016

Painting Challenge complete! Also, Captain Hawk

Last weekend the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge ended. It was my first one, and I really enjoyed the impetus it gave to my painting.

Here's what I planned to paint, way back in December:

And here's the final output. I got most planned things completed, but not all, yet was able to add more things to my final output.

Keen-eyed readers will note more than a few figures that haven't shown up on this blog yet- treat them as a spoiler and watch this space!

Captain Jim Hawk

There is one figure missing from the group shot, and it was my entry piece. All entrants have to send a figure to Curt, the organiser, and in turn he donates to the Saskatchewan Humane Society.

The 'Curtgeld' entries have to have a theme- this year it was a risk-taker or gambler. I chose this figure from Laughing Monk of 'Captain Jim Hawk'.



So, now the pressure's off as the Challenge ends, but I have more than a few projects to sustain me throughout the year!

16 comments:

  1. Very impressive mate! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your stuff over the course of the Challenge and I hope you'll be back next time. My favourite by a country mile was the Halflings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millsy, they were a delight to paint!

      Delete
  2. When you display it like that - very impressive.
    The challange is the perfect launch pad for a fresh years gaming....
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a good way to herald in 2016.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gordon, they don't often all come out on parade like this!

      Delete
  4. I thought you had a really impressive challenge and I loved your Imperial Assault stuff, all very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael, the IA stuff is always fun.

      Delete
  5. A very impressive haul, love the Jim Hawk figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Ray, he sprung to mind straight away with the theme!

      Delete
  6. Well done with your final output.
    The eyes on your Capt Hawk figure really make the figure stand out, superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! It was a great relief to be able to overdo the eye shadow!

      Delete
  7. Great painting and challenge sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran, I loved all your 6mm work!

      Delete
  8. Nice modeling! Great touch on the skull's gold tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jay! I thought it needed a bit of bling.

      Delete