Monday 18 April 2016

Blood Bowl- Chaos Pact

I needed a new team for the Brewcastle Cup, but only had a week and a half to start and finish it. From my small pile of Blood Bowl lead I found that Meiko's Kaos Pact needed the least assembly, so they were it!

I decided on a Tzeentch-theme with blues, golds, bone and yellow and lilac. There isn't much of a coherent style between the figures' armour, so I went for a predominantly uniform blue scheme.
Blood Bowl- Meiko Chaos Pact

The Marauders were quite straightforward, particularly as they have no faces!
Marauders

Mutated Marauders

I gave the Dark Elf grey skin. The Skaven and Goblin were quite straightforward- I will be looking out for a Goblin Two Heads/ Big Hand conversion opportunity.
Renegades

The Big Guys are really fun sculpts, and I enjoyed the different skin tones tied together by the blue and gold. I put them all on 32mm bases- the 40mm they come with are too big, and I had a few 30mm which were a little small.
Apparently this is an intimidating front line!

I accidentally dropped the Troll at the tourney and broke off his claw! It has been fixed now. His tentacle is rather disturbing...
Blood Bowl Chaos Troll


The Minotaur was a pain to assemble and base. I'm happy with the overall effect, and the tail.
Blood Bowl Chaos Minotaur


The Ogre was easier to paint than I had anticipated. A few light coats of lilacs and purples on his better half really make him stand out.
Blood Bowl Chaos Ogre

He should really get a doctor to look at that...

12 comments:

  1. BRUTAL! Some amazing minis there which you've painted up beautifully. Hope I dont have to face them cross the pitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! They just want to be friends...

      Delete
  2. really nice job - particularly given the speed with which you painted them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant, what a team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really characterful team. Impressive & speedy painting! They have a real old-school Chaos look, which is nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PC! They are old-school sculpts, for sure.

      Delete
  5. I really can't tell you how much I LOVE THOSE CHAOS OGRES!

    Now I wish I had a giant mouth where my scapula is now. Not fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it is a pain trying to get clothes that fit.

      Delete
  6. AWESOME! So much character on them. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Kiwi- they were a pleasure to paint!

      Delete