Friday 2 December 2016

Battlelore- Terrors of the Mists

My painting mojo returned this week after a month-long absence. I was inspired by last week's retrospective, and also the impending AHPC VII.

Here are the 'Terrors of the Mists' for Battlelore. I wanted to get these purple undead done in time for last week's purple-themed post, but they had to wait. I used a simple colour scheme of purple with white and grey and a black wash for a quick and effective unified force.
Battlelore Terrors of the Mists

The reanimates have a definite Ray Harryhausen feel to them, which I adore.
Battlelore Reanimates

Zombie Wolves! I love adding the gore effect to these barghests.
Battlelore Barghests

The Bone Horrors were dead simple to paint, and so first off the queue.
Battlelore Bone Horrors

The necromancers are generic evil dudes.
Battlelore Necromancers

The Banshee is completely context free, which I love. Is she a captive, or a terrible spirit even the necromancers can't fully control? I used a green wash over white, like my Mansions of Madness ghosts, and it is so easy.
Battlelore Banshee

Next week- more Battlelore undead.

12 comments:

  1. The bone horrors are very cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millsy! They've got this bone tsunami look to them.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Banshee's vignette, spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a superb finish on the Banshee - very characterful figs all round, with paint jobs to match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just considering buying into Battlelore. Great to see some nicely painted minis from the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is on special at FFG now, get in quick!

      Delete
  5. Drool... that Banshee is my favourite too. Amazing job on the green! I like the skeleton handlers too, the whole thing has a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! I wish I'd taken more care with the photography...

      Delete